Lootbox RPG was made by the same dev who made Silversword. It’s a 100% IAP-free dungeon crawler with no perma-death and dozens of different items. You kill enemies and open chests for loot, getting harder as you descend, with stairs back to the surface every fifth level.
It’s also still in active development, and you can read about new features in the developer’s comment below.
There’s the main Torture Chamber, plus the Rat King’s area, an Elven Forest and some Goblin Tunnels. Eventually you get into the main castle, and the dev has been adding more content.
Lootbox also has two amazingly useful features which should be standard on all games (see the animated image at the bottom of the page or click here if it doesn’t display):
- “Show Time” – optionally display a small (real world) clock in-game
- “Top Padding” – optionally shift the top of the GUI down below the iPhone X notch
Lootbox is completely offline and it frequently autosaves, plus you can save whenever and wherever you like, making it a lot less punishing than the average roguelike – it’s set in Hell, so you can’t “die”! It’s a little bit grindy as you try to level up, but it’s fun grinding. Once you’ve killed the first boss there’s also a magic system with runes that you have to find.
Lootbox is a nice little dungeon crawler that will take you directly to hell. Being one of His Great Unholinesses sons, you are about to set on a quest that will lead you to various places until you finally have the chance to help your father defend the realm against its enemies. If you want it or not. So, do as you are commanded, naughty brat.
2 thoughts on “Lootbox RPG”
After some months of development, the eagerly awaited big update is finally coming live!
With the next version of Lootbox RPG, the self-called “satisfying” Dungeon Crawler, quite a bunch of new features will be introduced:
– a stationary treasure chest the player can access from different places
– a trade-skilling system with which the player can craft items from various resources
– the missing part of the main quest (why is dad so grumpy?)
– the ability to send your (magically enhanced) pet to the next merchant to sell your goods
– Zombie Mode – for automatic dungeon grinding
– the new power rune III – which will introduce some new spells that last indefinitely
– a spell for opening chests 😉
– several recipes for new cool equipment
– a spell to call a merchant by your side in times of need
– a mining skill that enables you to harvest resources
– better handling of save games – protection for overwriting save games with further progression than your actual game
– more UI sounds
– many bug fixes and enhancements to the game mechanics
Because of the many changes in almost every aspect of the game, it is strongly recommended that you start a new game with a fresh character. Old save games might become corrupt and you probably won’t be able to continue in your quest(s). I am sorry for this, but I am sure that you will have fun exploring the new game mechanics from the ground up.
As always – if you encounter any problems with the game, drop me a note at [email protected] or take a look at the official forums located here: https://lootbox-rpg.com/boards/.
Thank you so much for this great update!
Comments are closed.