9th Dawn III is the hotly anticipated sequel to 9th Dawn II. This instalment offers the same huge open world, but adds a “collectathon” element as well as fishing, cooking and crafting. There’s also a card mini-game with 180 collectible cards.
Combat is a twin-stick system where you move with the left and aim attacks with the right. This game no longer has jumping (yay for those of us with slower reflexes – and using smaller screens, which was a significant issue in the platforming areas of 9th Dawn II).
When asked to investigate mysterious, ghostly sightings around the lake of Elmson, you trek through the lands of Cedaltia to uncover the truth. Upon arrival, you hear rumors of an untrustworthy king. Taking the path of the Chosen One, you journey to Lorwyck Castle to confront a powerful enemy – traversing ancient fortresses, dark dungeons, perilous swamps, and more!
Soon, you find yourself at the heart of a foreboding prophecy. Equip your best gear and adventure across the fields of Ashwick, the snowy regions of Halstom, dense forests of Vlak, the sprawling depths of huge dungeons, and the perilous Hollow Mountains of Scorn on an epic quest to uncover the secrets of a mysterious evil force …
- A huge, seamless open world
- Huge dungeons with secrets to discover
- Many sidequests
- Day/night system, with shops closing during certain hours
- 1,400 uniquely drawn items, including over 300 weapons and 550 pieces of armour and accessories
- Over 270 unique monsters
- Crafting, including finding rare materials
- Recruiting monsters
- Fishing, cooking and gem collecting
- Fyued, an original card game played throughout the region with 180 collectable cards